Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Steve Jobs Resignation Letter

Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs is the co-founder and CEO of Apple and formerly Pixar.

“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” -Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs regularly makes most rosters of the rich and powerful. It is surprising for a guy who takes home an annual salary of U.S. $1. The reasons why he is on all power lists are; Apple, Next, iPod and Pixar. Jobs is also known as the one man who could have upstaged Bill Gates. But Jobs was as excited about innovation as Bill Gates was interested in making money.

Steve Jobs Resignation Letter:

In his resignation letter, Steve Jobs after resigning from duties as CEO of Apple, he offered his services to Apple as chairman of the board and director. He also mentioned “Tim Cook” name as the new CEO of Apple. Steve Jobs wrote that he believes that the brightest and most innovative days of Apple are ahead of it. And he look forward to contribute to success of the company in a new role. Following is the resignation letter of Steve Jobs that he sent to the Apple board.


To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.
I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
Steve

 

No comments:

Post a Comment